All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionA story of survival, second chances ...and a dance with danger. Young Billy Marks is a pickpocket, transported to the penal colony of New South Wales. He and his mate reckon they'll become bushrangers - but that's before Billy's had a chance to see the bush up close. And when he buys the big white brumby stallion, covered with scars but refusing to bend to any man's will, he kws he made the right choice. Billy's daughter Mattie Jane thinks her father can ride any horse who ever lived ...and so can she! But when tragedy strikes, the Marks clan, including Mattie and her beloved horse, Rebel Yell, will need all the courage they can find to keep the family together. The deeds and disputed stories of Jackie French's own ancestors inspire ather vel - a vel of proud and gutsy horses, trailblazing farmers and their resilient wives, and desperate men forced to break the law to survive.
- Author BiographyJackie French is a full-time writer who lives near Braidwood in the Araluen Valley, NSW. In 2000, Hitler's Daughter was awarded the CBC Younger Readers' Award. To the Moon and Back won the Eve Pownall Award in 2005. Macbeth and Son, and Josephine Wants to Dance were both shortlisted for the 2007 CBC Awards.
- Author(s)Jackie French
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight276 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.