All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Jury is supposed to be on holiday when the telephone call comes. And in any case, what has sudden death on American soil to do with an English police superintendent? But when the victim turns out to be British by birth, and to have a distant connection with Jury's old acquaintance Lady Cray, he reluctantly pries himself loose from his pint at the Jack and Hammer. Enlisting the aid of aristocratic Melrose Plant, and accompanied by Sergeant Wiggins (fortified against the unkwn and menacing germs of intercontinental travel), Jury crosses the Atlantic. Baltimore turns out to have many attractions - t the least of which is avant-garde velist Ellen Taylor, last encountered in Yorkshire at the Old Silent inn. Ellen is painfully engaged in finishing her new book, but takes time out to introduce the trio to the delights of the city - football, Poe, Bromo-Seltzer, and a bar called The Horse You Came In On. Literary larceny, dubious descendants, football franchises. Murder. These are the elements in a complex puzzle set by Martha Grimes in Jury's twelfth case, marked by the riches of characterization, wit, and suspense her readers look forward to. In the words of the first advance review, from Kirk us, Nobody will rise from this table still hungry.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication07/03/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight181 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 2 to 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.