Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionThrough The Hospice Heritage: Celebrating Our Future, physicians, nurses, social workers, and clergy will find unique examples to give patients the attention, care, and understanding they need at that time in their life. Since 80 of people who die do so without the support of a hospice program, this important book offers approaches designed to expand access to hospice and provide a solid foundation of treatment for patients with cancer and n-cancer diagses. Written by experts in the field, The Hospice Heritage will help you care for those patients whose life span is uncertain, improving their quality of life in throughout their last days. For a complete list of contents, please visit our Web site at www.haworthpressinc.com. This commemorative book offers an encompassing portrayal of the development of hospice from its origins to its present forms. The Hospice Heritage contains state-of-the-art presentations of hospice-related issues and examines current efforts in hospice and palliative care, including the latest concepts in symptom control, guidelines for patients with diseases other than cancer, and measuring the quality and impact of care. Informative and moving, The Hospice Heritage explores the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of end-of-life care. This important book discusses many topics relevant to hospice today, including: * presenting the most common physical symptoms experienced by hospice patients and the comprehensive standards of care for these symptoms * deepening the spiritual aspect of dying as patients, families, and care providers seek understanding and resolution * examining end-of-life decision-making issues, and the barriers which continue to restrict patient and family involvement and choice * identifying the evolving relationship between hospice and palliative care and the consequences, benefits, and dilemmas of this partnership This tribute to hospice in America on its 25th anniversary and on the National Hospice Organization's 20th anniversary demonstrates how far hospice has come, explores its enduring mission, and gives you insight into the future direction of hospice care.
- Author(s)Inge B. Corless,Zelda Foster
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/11/1999
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight453 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.