Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.04+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA journalist employed to review hotels for a newspaper finds himself unexpectedly playing the voyeur. One day during a check-in, he is given the wrong key and, on entering the room, still unseen by its occupants, he finds himself spying on a porn shoot. Later on that night, the film director-an elegant, enigmatic woman-tells him about the website she runs and its hallmark: hotel scenes. The kinship and attraction he feels toward her urishes his urge for a new encounter. Following the clues on her site about upcoming scouting sessions, he pursues her through their mirrored hotel-driven lives from one possible shooting location to ather. As he continues his unending quest, his daily escapades merge with stalgic dispatches and a yearning for an unattainable object of desire.This vel confirms Javier Montes as one of the most individual voices of his generation, characterised by a wry sense of humour, a talent for ambiguity and a love of fables and masks.
- Author BiographyJavier Montes was awarded the Jose Maria de Pereda award for his first novel, Los Penultimos (The Penultimate), which he followed with Segunda Parte (Second Part). Along with Andres Barba he won the Anagrama de Ensayo award for La Ceremonia del Porno (Porn Ceremony), and was also one of the co-creators of After Henry James. In 2010, Granta included him on their list of the best young authors currently writing in Spanish, and his stories have appeared in numerous collections including Puros Cuentos (Telling Tales) and Life in Cities. An Anthology of European Contemporary Writers. He is a regular contributor to publications including ABC, El Pais, Letras Libres, Revista de Libros, Granta UK, Revista de Occidente, Letra Internacional and Arquitectura Viva, and has curated a number of exhibitions, including Beckett Films at the CAAC in 2011. Montes has also been a lecturer in Art History at the Spanish College in Malabo (Equatorial Guinea).
- Author(s)Javier Montes
- PublisherHispabooks Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintHispabooks Publishing
- Weight315 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byOliver Brock
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.