All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn ancient family curse, a desolate moor, a spectral hound and a deranged killer on the loose. The Hound of the Baskervilles is the most celebrated Holmes story of all, a masterpiece of mystery and suspense. And Lord it's scary - really, really, scary. The story of Sherlock Holmes's investigation into the monstrous beast terrorizing the dark and dangerous moors has gripped people's imaginations since it first appeared in print in 1901. Peepolykus have taken all the familiar elements of the tale, and - through an exhilarating collision of anarchic verbal slapstick, absurd scenarios and wonderfully ridiculous comic performances - have managed to create one of the most sublimely funny adaptations of a classic that you are ever likely to see. Once you've managed to stop laughing this is a Hound that you will never forget. It's absolutely barking!
- Author BiographySTEVEN CANNY: is a writer, director and producer for BBC Radio and worked as a dramturg for Theatre de Complicite. His original writing for the stage includes A Dulditch Angel and Origins with John Nicholson. JOHN NICHOLSON: forms one third of the award-winning comedy theatre trio Peepolykus. He is currently on a writing attachment with the NT. He is also writing commissions for The Lyric Hammersmith, Radio 4, The Severn Theatre, and the WYP.
- Author(s)John Nicholson,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,Steven Canny
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPeepolykus
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.