All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn early masterwork among American literary treatments of miscegenation, Chesnutt s story is of two young African Americans who decide to pass for white in order to claim their share of the American dream. For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust theseries to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and tes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-datetranslations by award-winning translators.
- Author BiographyJudith Jackson Fossett, associate professor of English and American Studies and Ethnicity at the University of Southern California, is the author of Illuminated Darkness: Slavery and Its Shadows in Nineteenth-Century America and the editor of Race Consciousness: African-American Studies for the New Century.
- Author(s)Charles W. Chesnutt
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/1993
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Twentieth Century Classics S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/04/1995
- Weight199 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Introduction byDonald B. Gibson
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.