All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionTravel with storyteller and folklorist Joseph Daniel Sobol as he embarks on a journey of multicultural awareness and awakening. This book of multicultural and multilingual proverbs, beliefs, remedies, recipes and folktales collected by ESL students during a series of folklore and storytelling residencies at Chicago inner-city secondary schools. In this captivating teacher resource, Sobol chronicles his experiences in four Chicago schools as a visiting teacher and collector of multicultural folktales. With this resource you can expose your students to fables, wonder tales, and other ancient story genres, along with proverbs, remedies, recipes, and folktales from all over the world. Learn how to conduct your own classroom folktale residency by teaching the art of interviewing, gathering story elements, recording them in the original languages, and translating them into English. This sophisticated collection t only consists of marvelous accounts from far-away lands, it brings them to life in the classroom and encourages educators to incorporate similar resources in their own multicultural classrooms.
- Author BiographyJoseph Daniel Sobol is a professional storyteller, folklortist, and musician. With the support of the chicago Department of cultural Affairs, he created the Chicago TESOL Folklore Project.
- Author(s)Joseph Daniel Sobol
- Date of Publication30/01/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.