All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a tiny island off the coast of Italy, Amedeo Esposito, a foundling from Florence, thinks he has found a place where, finally, he can belong. Intrigued by a building the locals believe to be cursed, Amedeo restores the crumbling walls, replaces sagging doors and sweeps floors before proudly opening the bar he names the 'House at the Edge of Night'. Surrounded by the sound of the sea and the scent of bougainvillea, he and the beautiful, fiercely intelligent Pina begin their lives together. Home to the spirited, chaotic Esposito family for generations, the island withstands a century of turmoil - transformed in ways both big and small by war, tourism and recession. It's a place alive with stories, legends and, sometimes, miracles. And while regimes change, betrayals are discovered and unexpected friendships nurtured, the House at the Edge of Night remains: the backdrop for long-running feuds and the stage for great love affairs.
- Author BiographyCatherine Banner was born in Cambridge and began writing at the age of fourteen. She has published a trilogy of young adult novels. Catherine went on to study English at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, and has taught at schools in the UK. She lives in Turin, northern Italy, with her husband. The House at the Edge of Night is her debut adult novel.
- Author(s)Catherine Banner
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight625 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.86Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.