All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs in all hospitals, the medical hierarchy of The House of God was a pyramid - a lot at the bottom and one at the top.Put ather way it was like an ice-cream cone...you had to lick your way up! Roy Basch, the 'red-hot' Rhodes Scholar, thought differently - but then he hadn't met Hyper Hooper, out to win the most post-mortems of the year award, r Molly, the nurse with the crash helmet.He hadn't even met any of the Gomers ('Get Out of My Emergency Room!'), the -hopers who wanted to die but who were worth more alive!
- Author BiographySameul Shem (Stephen Bergman M.D.) graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Harvard College and earned a Ph.D in physiology from Oxford University, where he was a Rhodes Scholar. He graduated from Harvard Medical School. He is the author of the novels The House of God, Mount Misery and Fine, and seven plays, including, with Janet Surrey, Bill W. and Dr. Bob. He is on the faculty of Harvard Medical School and the Stone Centre, Wellesley College. He lives near Boston with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Samuel Shem
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- fahdkhizarmalik02 Oct, 2012by
great source of guidance for junior doctors.
Its has been an excellent book for residents and registrars working in any medical speciality. I now regret a bit not to have this book earlier in my early life as a junior doctor.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.