All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMindy Thompson Fullilove offers a series of meditations on her remarkable family and the places where they have lived. She lovingly recalls her parents: her father, a black leader of the labor movement, and her mother, a white woman whose boundless generosity was always in conflict with the racial divisions of the world around her. Place is a major actor in her family story, and in the course of bringing the backgrounds of six generations into the foreground, Fullilove uncovers the many lives-her own included-that are rooted in those places.
- Author BiographyMindy Thompson Fullilove is a professor of clinical psychiatry and public health at Columbia University and a research psychiatrist for the New York State Psychiatric Institute.
- Author(s)Mindy Thompson Fullilove
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleTexts and Contexts
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.