All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe House of the Seven Gables is inspired by Nathaniel Hawthorne's 1851 vel. Serving as a repository of memory and atonement, the titular mansion itself functions as a portrait of the family's collective trauma. This publication features 27 works by 22 contemporary artists who explore themes of haunting, portraiture and the architectural uncanny. In ackwledgement of its direct relationship to an existing book, The House of the Seven Gables' design references the layout of the first edition of Hawthorne's vel, and features essays by exhibition curator, Kendra Paitz, as well as Justine S. Murison, Christopher Atkins and Corinne May Botz. Artists include: Sue de Beer, Anne Collier, Dario Robleto, Anya Gallaccio, Katy Grannan, Rachel Khedoori, Jacco Olivier, Robert Overby and Gregor Schneider.
- PublisherIllinois State University, University Galleries
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIllinois State University, University Galleries
- Weight567 g
- Width180 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.