All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable manual provides a comprehensive guide to one-on-one instruction for struggling readers in grades 1 to 3. The book addresses the hows, whats, and whys of setting up a volunteer or professional tutoring program, supplies assessment guidelines and reproducible forms, and presents in-depth case studies that demonstrate the nuts and bolts of tutoring three children at different stages of early literacy over an entire school year. Case study chapters offer clear descriptions of lesson plans, instructional activities, and informal assessment procedures, illustrated with realistic examples of student work.
- Author BiographyDarrell Morris, EdD, is a professor of education and the director of the Reading Clinic at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. He received his doctorate from the University of Virginia in 1980, after which he began his college teaching career at National-Louis University in Evanston, Illinois. Since moving to Appalachian State in 1989, he has directed the master's program in reading, researched the beginning reading and spelling processes, and helped school districts throughout the country set up early reading-intervention programs.
- Author(s)Darrell Morris
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication22/02/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.