All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionSince Henry Hudson first sailed up the Hudson River in 1609, the valley he explored has exerted a hold on the imaginations of people around the world. Today this beautiful, historic valley is experiencing a cultural renaissance t seen since the founding of the Hudson River School of painting more than 150 years ago.In celebration of the 400th anniversary of Hudson's voyage, the Alliance for the Arts has produced a cultural guide to the Hudson Valley arranged by county, from Staten Island to Lake George. It includes more than 500 performing-arts centers, museums, historical homes, parks, nature sanctuaries, fairs, and festivals along the Hudson River. The guide celebrates t just the big museums and historic locations for which the valley has long been famous but also the little-kwn gardens, hidden masterpieces of municipal architecture, local theater companies, and small rustic lodges where local musicians play chamber music under the stars.
- Author BiographyAlliance for the Arts, a private advocacy organization, publishes cultural guides and calendars for New York City and New York State. The former director of the Parks in Print program at the New York City Parks Department, Benjamin Swett is best known for Great Trees of New York City: A Guide; Bronx River New York; Fort Greene Park Brooklyn; Route 22, and many other publications. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Alliance for the Arts
- PublisherThe Quantuck Lane Press
- Date of Publication20/09/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Quantuck Lane Press
- Content Note60 color photographs
- Weight630 g
- Width127 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Swett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.