All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInThe Hug, internationally rewned author David Grossman tells the moving story of the moment when Ben realizes that two living creatures are alike t his mother and father, their beautiful dog Miracle or the ants who march side by side at his feet and appear identical and the loneliness he feels kwing that there is one else quite like him in the whole world. But just as he is feeling the most alone he has ever felt, he is soothed by his mother s loving hug. Timeless, touching, and beautifully produced, The Hug is a charming and important work for parents and children encountering the feeling of being different, together
- Author BiographyDavid Grossman was born inJerusalem. He is the author of numerous works of fiction, nonfiction, and children s literature. His work has appeared in The New Yorker and has been translated into thirty languages. He is the recipient of many prizes, including the French Chevalier de l Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the Buxtehuder Bulle in Germany, Rome s Premio per la Pace e l Azione Umitaria, the Premio Ischia-- International Award for Journalism, Israel s Emet Prize, and the Albatross Prize given by the Gunter Grass Foundation. Michal Rovner lives and works between New York City and a farm in Israel. Rovner s work in video, sculpture and installation creates a chain of associations from the poetic to the political. In Rovner s work has been exhibited worldwide in over fifty solo exhibitions including a mid-career retrospective at the Whitney Museum of Art, New York, and Histoires (2011), a solo exhibition in three parts at the Musee du Louvre inParis.
- Author(s)David Grossman
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight295 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michal Rovner
- Translated byStuart Schoffman
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.