All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionA child of the 1970s Permissive Society, Tuesday Penrose is truly a Human Barnacle. She attaches herself to a rock of security ensuring financial freedom, and waits for the high tide of human plankton. Ensnaring a new man every night, her appetite is voracious, depraved. She is immoral and amoral in equal measure and kws the meaning of neither word. Deploring the excesses of the Permissive Society, the traditional social fabric is under assault. For many, Tuesday exemplifies the rampant libertine excesses of the unfettered young generation. But set against this New Wave, life in the wider world continued. In the South Pacific, a luxury hotel in the Maldives is destroyed by a tsunami. Guests and staff are transferred to the partner hotel in Nauru. The most recent staff appointment is barmaid Tuesday Penrose, and here the Human Barnacle is confronted by the established values. When even exorcism by the priest Carolingus fails to rid Tuesday of her demons, it is up to a most unlikely reformed reprobate, Macedonian brigand Konstantin Kolper, to show Tuesday an alternative freedom. It is a Battle Royal and the demons within fight expulsion with all their force. Tuesday's future and her fate hang in the balance.
- Author(s)Helen Mannion
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.