All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe early, organ-specific diagsis of malignancy continues to be a major unmet medical need. Clearly the ability to establish an early diagsis of cancer is dependent upon an intimate kwledge of the cancer's biology, which if understood at the molecular level should identify key diagstic and therapeutic manipulation points. Advances in recombinant gene techlogy have provided significant understanding of the mechanisms of action of oncogenic viruses, as well as of cancer-associated gemic sequences (onco- genes). This text will explore the kwn molecular genetic, biolog- ical, and clinical kwledge of selected human neoplasms that demonstrate association with suspected oncogenic virus and those cytogenetic alterations that either cause or are caused by oncogene activation. The text first reviews the cytogenetics of human cancers link- ing classical cytogenetics and molecular genetics. Avery A. Sand- berg (Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York) reviews the leukemias and lymphomas, followed by S. Pathak (M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, Houston, Texas), who reviews solid tumors. Functional consideration of oncogenes is highlighted by Keith C. Robbins and Stuart A. Aaronson (NO, Bethesda, Maryland) through their description of the v-sis locus sis and its gene product p.28; a protein that closely resembles human platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF).
- Author(s)Albert A. Luderer,Howard H. Weetall
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleThe Oncogenes
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight462 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.