All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow many is too many? In regard to the human population, people have been asking this question for centuries. The current world population is approaching seven billion people. At the current 1.2 per cent rate of annual increase, the population will reach a whopping 9.5 billion people by 2050. The Human Population explores whether this statistical information is cause for alarm, examining the issues of feeding such a population, sustaining natural resources, having eugh living space, and other necessities for a comfortable life on Earth. Is the world suffering from a terrible population explosion, or is life getting better for most people, despite a growing population? These are some of the questions and issues covered in the pages of this fascinating, timely new book.
- Author(s)Charles F. Gritzner
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleGlobal Connections
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour photographs, illustrations, & maps, charts, tables, & graphs, sidebars, making connections boxed insets, glossary, bibliography, further resources, index
- Weight408 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.