The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change: Volume 2 by Henry M. Sayre (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $193.89+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $204.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSee context and make connections across the humanities. The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change, w in a third edition, has become, in a very short period of time, the best selling Introduction to Humanities text on the market. With its message of see context and make connections across the humanities, students enjoy countless ah-ha moments as they piece together the cultural history of world. Believing that students learn best by remembering stories rather than memorizing facts, author Henry Sayre employs a narrative storytelling approach to the humanities, deftly conveying multifaceted cultural experiences in a way that students can understand and will remember-throughout the course and beyond. This third edition helps instructors and students by connecting the learning objectives in each chapter with MyArtsLab, an online learning program which brings the arts to life. Key learning tools within MyArtsLab include new listening guides for the musical selections, new Closer Look tours for every chapter entitled Continuing Presence of the Past , architectural paramas and simulations to help students visualize key monuments and how they were built, and more! Teaching and Learning Experience This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. It: * Personalizes Learning with MyArtsLab: The new MyArtsLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning. * Makes Connections and Shows Relevance: New Continuing Presence of the Past features help students to understand how cultural artifacts of the past have informed present works of art and culture. * Emphasizes Critical Thinking: Chapter opening and ending questions encourage students to focus and think critically about the issues to come. * Focuses on Contemporary Findings: The new third edition has been updated to reflect the latest research from around the globe. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyArtsLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyArtsLab search for ISBN-10: 0205978215 / ISBN-13: 9780205978212. This package includes: 0205983243 / 9780205983247 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change, Volume II and 0205978215 / 9780205978212 The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change, Volume II ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
- Author BiographyHenry M. Sayre is Distinguished Professor of Art History at Oregon State University-Cascades Campus in Bend, Oregon. He earned his Ph.D. in American Literature from the University of Washington. He is producer and creator of the 10-part television series, A World of Art: Works in Progress, aired on PBS in the fall of 1997; and author of seven books, including A World of Art, The Visual Text of William Carlos Williams, The Object of Performance: The American Avante-Garde since 1970; and an art history book for children, Cave Paintings to Picasso.
- Author(s)Henry M. Sayre
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight1905 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.