All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering an in-depth consideration of the impact which humanities have had on the processes of architecture and design, this book asks how we can restore the traditional dialogue between intellectual enquiry in the humanities and design creativity. Written by leading academics in the fields of history, theory and philosophy of design, these essays draw profound meanings from cultural practices and beliefs. These are as diverse as the designs they inspire and include religious, mythic, poetic, political, and philosophical references. This timely and important book is t a benign reflection on humanities' role in architectural design but a direct response to the increased marginalization of humanities in a techlogy driven world. The prioritization of techlogy leaves critical questions unanswered about the relationships between information and kwledge, transcription and translation, and how emerging techlogies can usefully contribute to a deeper understanding of our design culture.
- Author BiographySoumyen Bandyopadhyay is Professor of Architecture and Design at Nottingham Trent University and has previously taught at Liverpool University. Jane Lomholt is a Senior Lecturer in Architecture at the University of Lincoln where she is head of History and Theory. Nicholas Temple is Professor of Architecture at the University of Lincoln, having previously taught at the University of Liverpool, the University of Pennsylvania and Nottingham University. Renee Tobe is Architecture Field Leader at the University of East London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note54 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDr. Renee Tobe,Jane Lomholt,Prof. Soumyen Bandyopadhyay,Professor Nicholas Temple
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.