All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hundred Fathom Curve chronicles the search for an American identity from the Vietnam war to 9/11. The poems, drawn from five previous collections and published over 40 years, include Barr s eye-witness accounts as a Navy veteran of Vietnam, and as a New Yorker who was present at 9/11. They explore the boundary of what is human with all that is t, and find things never to be as they seem. They follow the journey from nature into art, and the efforts of the artist to discover what it means to be human.
- Author BiographyThe poems of John Barr have appeared in many magazines, and have been published in six collections: The War Zone (1989), Natural Wonders (1991), The Dial Painters (1994), Centennial Suite (1998), all by Warwick Press; and The Hundred Fathom Curve (1997), and Grace (1999), by Story Line Press. Barr is President Emeritus of the Poetry Society of America, has taught in the Graduate Writing Program of Sarah Lawrence College, and was appointed in 2004 the first president of The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine. His most recent collection, The Hundred FathomCurve: New & Collected Poems, was published by Red Hen Press in 2011.
- Author(s)John Gorman Barr
- PublisherRed Hen Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Hen Press
- Weight191 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.