All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe brain gets fed first! That is an important idea that directly relates to the nutritiongnition connection in schools. As the education community faces the challenges of childhood obesity, malnutrition of the brain, food allergies, disorders of metal metabolism and biochemical imbalances, educators are eager to learn about how to guide students in the care of their bodies, and especially, in the feeding of the brain. Making 'smart' choices for the very hungry brain is the focus of this cutting edge book that provides the busy teacher with vital information on nutrition and behavior. Dr. Marcus develops a rich discussion about three food groups: animal foods, plant foods and junk foods. She explains why breakfast is still the most important meal of the day, provides brain joggers for easy integration into classroom activities, and presents a host of practical strategies for teaching nutrition as part and parcel of a 'learning for a lifetime' curriculum.
- Author BiographySusan Marcus, Ph.D., a long-time consultant with Robin Fogarty & Associates and formerly of Roosevelt University, has been in the field of educational consulting for over twenty years. With a rich background in special education, her passion is in nutrition education. Marcus believes that nutrition is often the missing clue to the mystery of why children can't learn and has developed a number of nutrition and behavior programs, including The Hungry Brain. She often addresses issues of the constructivist classroom, including cooperative learning, multiple intelligences, differentiation and integrated curriculum. In addition, she is the author of Tools for the Cooperative Classroom, The New Nutrition Education, ADD/ADHD: Attention Deficit Disorder: What We Know, What We Can Do and The Hungry Brain: The Nutrition/Cognition Connection.
- Author(s)Susan Marcus Augustine
- PublisherRobin Fogarty & Associates Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIn a Nutshell Series
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobin Fogarty & Associates Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.