All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewbery Medal-winning author Matt de la Pena s The Hunted is a high-energy, action-packed survival story and the sequel to The Living. De la Pena has created a rare thing: a plot-driven YA with characters worthy of a John Green vel. -Entertainment Weekly review of The Living, A- When the Big One hit, Shy was at sea in style. The Paradise Cruise luxury liner he worked on was a hulking specimen of the best money could buy. And w it's at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, along with almost all of its passengers. Shy wasn't the only one to survive, though. Addie, the rich blond daughter of a mysterious businessman, was on the dinghy he pulled himself into. But as soon as they found the rest of the survivors, she disappeared. The only thing that filled the strange void of losing her was finding Carmen, his hot coworker, and discovering a way to get back home. But Shy's luck hasn't turned. Not yet. Back on the dinghy, Addie told him a secret. It's a secret that people would kill for--have killed for--and she has the piece that could turn everything on its ear. The problem? Shy has idea where Addie is. Back home in California seems logical, but there are more ways to die back home then Shy could ever have guessed. And thanks to what Shy w kws, he's a moving target. Praise for The Hunted Readers will be drawn to the raw and gritty setting, fast-moving plot, and diverse characters worth rooting for.School and Library Journal Between [the] fast-paced plot and meaningful, diverse character development, this is a great crossover for fans of both thrillers and more character-driven vels. -BooklistPraise for The Living De la Pena has created a rare thing: a plot-driven YA with characters worthy of a John Green vel. -Entertainment Weekly, A- Action is first and foremost. . . . De la Pena can uncork delicate but vivid scenes.The New York Times [The Living] is special because of its extraordinary protagonist, Shy, who I haven t been able to shake from my mind in the weeks since I read the book. -John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars There's way to classify The Living. It's everything I love mixed into one fantastic, relentless, action-packed story. As always with Matt, the characters are the best part. So real. I loved this book. -James Dashner, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Maze Runner series[STAR] An addictive page-turner and character-driven literary vel with broad appeal for fans of both. -Kirkus Reviews, Starred [STAR] An excellent, enthralling ride...a great read for those looking for adventure and survival stories. -VOYA, Starred A Pura Belpre Author Hor Award WinnerAn ALSC 2014 Notable Children's Book PickFrom the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyThe Hunted is Newbery Award-winningauthor Matt de la Pena's sixth novel and the sequel to The Living, for which he received the Pura Belpre Author Honor Award. He attended the University of the Pacific on a basketball scholarship and went on to earn a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing at San Diego State University. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, where he teaches creative writing. Look for Matt de la Pena's other books, Ball Don't Lie, Mexican WhiteBoy, We Were Here, I Will Save You, and The Living, all available from Delacorte Press. Visit him at MattDeLaPena.com and follow @mattdelapena on Twitter. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Matt De La Pena
- PublisherDelacorte Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelacorte Press
- Weight476 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.