The Hunter/Farmer Diet Solution: Do You Have the Metabolism of a Hunter or a Farmer? Find out... And Achieve Your Health and Weight-Loss Goals by Mark Liponis (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmericans are overweight, and they're getting heavier. Other than wanting to perform invasive surgical procedures, most doctors offer little help. Their advice is usually Eat less, exercise more, which falls back on the outdated dogma of calories in/calories out. Medical research on dieting is confusing and often contradictory. Not only are physicians unsure about which weight-loss plan is best, but their patients are, too! It has become an every one for him- or herself situation, where we're forced to experiment, hoping to hit on the magic weight-loss formula by chance . . . and the increasing number of fad diets makes our odds of picking the right weight-loss plan even less likely. Why can't the medical industry make sense of the overload of information and give us sound advice that actually enables people to lose weight and improve their health? Fortunately, recent studies have shined a new light on the subject and may finally help us understand a successful way to diet. This research proves what many men and women have learned through trial and error: some do better on a low-carb diet, and others do better on a low-fat diet. This is because some people have the metabolism of a hunter, while others have the metabolism of a farmer. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Mark Liponis, a leading expert in preventive and integrative medicine, will show you how to determine which type you are so that you can lose weight and improve your health at the same time. Once you kw your type, you'll be on the road to successful weight loss and greater health and well-being!
- Author BiographyA graduate of Phillips Andover Academy and Dartmouth College, Mark Liponis, M.D., earned his doctorate from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1984. After medical school he enthusiastically pursued both an internal medicine residency in the Berkshires and Siobhan McNally, an energetic and beautiful pediatrician, who ultimately gave in and agreed to be his wife. They were married in 1987. Making the great escape to the Rocky Mountains, they moved to Butte, Montana, and began their medical practices and their family, with two sons and a daughter born in Butte. Avid skiers and hikers, they thrived living in the mountains, but family ties tugged them back to New England seven years later, and they settled in Lenox, Massachusetts, having come to know the Berkshires during Mark's residency program. That began the next phase of their lives, where fate connected Mark with Canyon Ranch. Dr. Liponis has been a practicing clinician in internal medicine for 20 years, and also has many years of experience in emergency departments and critical care units. He has always had an interest in holistic approaches to health and began a wellness program as an adjunct to his private practice in Montana in the late '80s. He has continued to expand his understanding and expertise in integrative medicine through his work at Canyon Ranch. He became Corporate Medical Director of Canyon Ranch in 2003, overseeing medical programming at all Canyon Ranch properties. Dr. Liponis is the co-author of the New York Times bestseller UltraPrevention and the author of UltraLongevity, as well as a contributing editor to Parade and HealthyStyle magazines. He is a national speaker and has also appeared on a number of national TV segments on health and wellness, including the Rachael Ray Show, CNN, the Today Show, The Jane Pauley Show, and The View. Dr. Liponis now spends his time writing, leading Canyon Ranch medical initiatives, and striving to be a worthy husband and father to his wife and three wonderful children.
- Author(s)Mark Liponis
- PublisherHay House Inc
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationCarlsbad
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHay House Inc
- Weight327 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.