All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $33.74Free postage
- AU $37.02Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionFrom field to table, The Hunter's Guide to Butchering, Smoking, and Curing Wild Game and Fish gives you all you need to kw to harvest your big game, small game, fowl, and fish. Expert Philip Hasheider shows you how to turn your hard-earned hunt into delicious cuisine. Truly avid hunters are always looking for ways to get the most out of their game and maximize their yield. Look further: this book offers essential tips and background information, as well as coveted recipes, for hunters, chefs, and food lovers alike. The Hunter's Guide to Butchering, Smoking, and Curing Wild Game and Fish gives hunters all the information they need for processing and preparing their harvested game to create the most flavorful and creative meals. The book takes you from field dressing to skinning and cutting the carcass, to preserving and storing, to making sausage and cured meat, to preparing delicious, well-rounded meals for the dinner table. It offers detailed step-by-step instructions, complete with illustrations and full-color photography, as well as a variety of mouthwatering recipes. Hasheider covers all the major game and fish species, including large game, such as deer, moose, elk, bighorn sheep, wild boar, bear, and alligator; small game, such as rabbit, raccoon, opossum, squirrel, muskrat, beaver, turtle, armadillo, groundhog, woodchuck, and snakes; upland game birds like grouse, quail, partridge, pheasant, dove, pigeon, squab, and wild turkey; a range of ducks, mergansers, geese, and other waterfowl; and a variety of fresh- and saltwater fish species like bass, catfish, eel, marlin, perch, pike, salmon, sturgeon, sunfish, swordfish, trout, tuna, walleye, whitefish, and more. With its holistic approach to every aspect of wild game preparation, The Hunter's Guide to Butchering, Smoking, and Curing Wild Game and Fish is a book hunter will want to be without.
- Author BiographyPhilip Hasheider (Sauk City, WI) is a fifth-generation farmer presently raising pasture-grazed beef with his wife and two children in south-central Wisconsin. His interests in production agriculture and history have allowed him to write ten books, including Voyageur Press' How to Raise Cattle, How to Raise Pigs, and How to Raise Sheep. His diverse work has appeared in numerous local, regional, national, and international publications, and he was the writer for the Wisconsin Local Food Marketing Guide for the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection.
- Author(s)Philip Hasheider
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings
- Weight658 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.