All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDon't wait until it's too late. Prepare w! We've all seen the ruin that a hurricane can bring. No one can stop a hurricane, but proper preparation can limit damage, protect long-term finances, and even save lives. The Hurricane Preparedness Handbook is an invaluable, step-by-step guide for everyone who lives in a region threatened by these terrifying storms. Here is advice on: Understanding the category warning system Buying the right insurance Protecting your home from an oncoming storm Choosing and using an electrical generator Proper provisioning and use of food and water Dealing with a storm's aftermath And much more! There is substitute for experience and expert advice, and this easy-to-store, easy-to-use handbook offers everyone a chance to learn from the past and prepare for the future. No one should go through a hurricane without first reading this book.
- Author BiographyBob Stearns is an ex-Navy weather officer and spent years forecasting, monitoring, and frequently flying inside hurricanes. He has suffered through eight named hurricanes on the ground, including the catastrophic Category 5 Hurricane Andrew. Stearns has a meteorology degree from Florida State University.
- Author(s)Bob Stearns
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout
- Weight357 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.