All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSponsored by the International Association of Facilitators, The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation offers the need-to-kw basics in the field brought together by fifty leading practitioners and scholars. This indispensable resource includes successful strategies and methods, foundations, and resources for anyone who works with groups. The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation provides an overview of the field for new and aspiring practitioners and a reliable reference for experienced group facilitators, including chapters on * Creating positive ongoing client relationships * Building trust and improving communications * Facilitating group brainstorming sessions * Drawing out the best in people * Developing a collaborative environment * Designing and facilitating dialogue * Managing conflicting agendas * Working with multicultural groups * Using improvisation * Understanding virtual meetings * Facilitating team start-up * Assessing group decision processes Building expertise in facilitation * Reviewing core facilitation competencies * Modeling positive professional attitudes
- Author BiographySandy Schuman is president of Executive Decision Services LLC, a consulting firm in Albany, New York, specializing in strategic decision making, collaborative problem solving, consensus building, public involvement, and information management. He is also a research associate at the Center for Policy Research, University at Albany, SUNY. Schuman is the author of numerous articles and book chapters and speaks widely at conferences on facilitation, decision making, conflict resolution, and collaborative systems. He moderates the Electronic Discussion on Group Facilitation and is the editor of Group Facilitation: A Research and Applications Journal.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1566 g
- Width210 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited bySandy Schuman
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.