All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Seth Godin s most inspiring book, he challenges readers to find the courage to treat their work as a form of art Everyone kws that Icarus s father made him wings and told him t to fly too close to the sun; he igred the warning and plunged to his doom. The lesson: Play it safe. Listen to the experts. It was the perfect propaganda for the industrial ecomy. What boss wouldn t want employees to believe that obedience and conformity are the keys to success? But we tend to forget that Icarus was also warned t to fly too low, because seawater would ruin the lift in his wings. Flying too low is even more dangerous than flying too high, because it feels deceptively safe. The safety zone has moved. Conformity longer leads to comfort. But the good news is that creativity is scarce and more valuable than ever. So is choosing to do something unpredictable and brave: Make art. Being an artist isn t a genetic disposition or a specific talent. It s an attitude we can all adopt. It s a hunger to seize new ground, make connections, and work without a map. If you do those things you re an artist, matter what it says on your business card. Godin shows us how it s possible and convinces us why it s essential.
- Author BiographySeth Godin is the author of more than a dozen bestsellers that have changed the way people think about marketing, leadership, and change, including Permission Marketing, Purple Cow, All Marketers Are Liars, Small is the New Big, The Dip, Tribes, Linchpin, and Poke the Box. He is also the founder and CEO of Squidoo.com and a very popular lecturer. He writes one of the most influential business blogs in the world at SethGodin.com.
- Author(s)Seth Godin
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.