All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe icon of the Mother of God Quick to Hear is widely venerated throughout the Orthodox world; a copy of the icon--brought from Mount Athos to Russia in 1877--survived both a fire and the destruction of churches under communism to come to rest at the St. Alexander Nevsky Lavra in St. Petersburg. This book offers a short history of the icon's place in the Russian Orthodox Church and recounts some of the miracles associated with its veneration. Included here are stories of the help and consolation given to faithful from all walks of life, including farmers, merchants, homemakers, soldiers, dukes, duchesses, and the much loved St. Elizabeth the New Martyr.
- Author BiographyGennady Belovolov is the museum director for the Memorial Apartment of St. John of Kronstadt in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the pastor of the Church of the Holy Apostle and Evangelist John the Theologian. Sergio Tancredo Silva is an assistant priest at St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and has done translation work for Holy Trinity Publications. He lives in Howell, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Gennady Belovolov,Sergio Tancredo Silva
- PublisherHoly Trinity Publications
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationJordanville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoly Trinity Publications
- Weight104 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Translated bySergio Tancredo Silva
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.