Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Idea of Design is an anthology of essays that addresses the nature and practice of product design and graphic design in the contemporary world. The essays, selected from volumes 4-9 of the international journal Design Issues, focus on three themes: reflection on the nature of design, the meaning of products, and the place of design in world culture. The authors are distinguished scholars, historians, designers, and design educators. The diversity of their work illustrates the pluralistic and interdisciplinary dimensions of the idea of design in contemporary culture.Contributors : Rudolf Arnheim. S. Balaram. Richard Buchanan. A. Cheng. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Yves Deforge. Clive Dilt. Alain Findeli. Jorge Frascara. Tony Fry. Rajeswari Ghose. Takuo Hira. Martin Krampen. Laus Krippendorf. Tomas Maldonado. Victor Margolin. Abraham Moles. Victor Papanek. Gert Selle. Ann Tyler. Barbara Usherwood.A Design Issues Reader
- Author BiographyMads Nygaard Folkmann is Associate Professor in the Department of Design and Communication, University of Southern Denmark.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note132
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byRichard Buchanan,Victor Margolin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.