All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Idea of Latin America is a geo-political manifesto which insists on the need to leave behind an idea which belonged to the nation-building mentality of nineteenth-century Europe. * Charts the history of the concept of Latin America from its emergence in Europe in the second half of the nineteenth century through various permutations to the present day. * Asks what is at stake in the survival of an idea which subdivides the Americas. * Reinstates the indigeus peoples and migrations excluded by the image of a homogeus Latin America with defined borders. * Insists on the pressing need to leave behind an idea which belonged to the nation-building mentality of nineteenth-century Europe.
- Author BiographyWalter D. Mignolo is William H. Wanamaker Professor and Director of Global Studies and the Humanities at the John Hope Franklin Center for International and Interdisciplinary Studies at Duke University. His recent publications include Local Histories / Global Designs: Coloniality, Subaltern Knowledges and Border Thinking (2000) and The Darker Side of the Renaissance: Literacy, Territoriality and Colonization (1995). He is founder and co-editor of the journal, Disposition, and co-founder and co-editor of Nepantla: Views from the South.
- Author(s)Walter D. Mignolo
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleBlackwell Manifestos
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.