All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe Trojan War from ancient Greek mythology is the backdrop for this world rewned classic prose poem in dactylic hexameter. The story covers the last few weeks of the war. Agamemn's quarrel with the warrior Achilles is at the forefront. The Iliad is one of the oldest works of Western Literature, and has been the basis for various movie adaptations including Troy.
- Author BiographyHomer was a Greek poet. He is credited as the author of two of the greatest and most influential works of literature, The Iliad and The Odyssey. According to Herodotus, Homer lived in the 8th Century BCE, and most modern scholars agree, but various ancient sources place him earlier--closer to the time represented in the Trojan War. Regardless, the works of Homer are epic and they stand the test of time.
- PublisherDenton & White
- Date of Publication07/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDenton & White
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byAlexander Pope
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.