All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA spellbinding and enchanting translation of Homer's epic, told in colloquial prose. The Iliad is a story of war, of death, of violence and of the complexities of human nature. This excellent translation from Ancient-Greece expert W.H.D. Rouse is as lively, harrowing, suspenseful and moving as Homer's original. Written in colloquial prose, Rouse never omits the thrill of adventure and the tragedies and victories of war. This is a great first translation to read, and an important addition to the literary can.
- Author BiographySeth L. Schein is Professor of Comparative Literature at the University of California, Davis. He works mainly on Homeric epic, Attic tragedy, and receptions of classical literature and culture. His books include The Mortal Hero: An Introduction to Homer's Iliad, Reading the Odyssey: Selected Interpretive Essays [editor], and the translation of Sophokles: Philoktetes.
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight197 g
- Width106 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byW. H. D. Rouse
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.