All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe British Library houses one of the world's greatest collections of illuminated manuscripts, and Janet Backhouse has drawn on this rich resource to make a selection of outstanding examples that span over 800 years of medieval book production. She begins with the Lindisfarne Gospels and continues with a representative cross-section that reveals the remarkable variety and richness to be found in medieval manuscripts. With a concise introductory text and informative captions, this is the perfect introduction to an endlessly fascinating subject.
- Author BiographyJanet Backhouse was Assistant Keeper in the Department of Manuscripts at the British Library. She is the author of The Lindisfarne Gospels, also published by Phaidon.
- Author(s)Janet Backhouse
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/01/1998
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note28 colour and 42 b&w illustrations, map, bibliography
- Weight340 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.