The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Islam: A Comprehensive Guide to the History, Philosophy and Practice of Islam by Raana Bokhari, Mohammed Seddon, Charles Phillips (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive and magnificently illustrated encyclopedia of the Islamic faith, its history, philosophy and religious practice. It offers an insightful overview of Islamic beliefs, teachings, texts and traditions, and an exploration of the Qur'an as the revealed word of God and as a sacred text. It discusses Islamic worship, religious practices and Muslim life, and discusses the significance of holy sites, prayer, fasting and pilgrimage. It is an unparalleled reference book for the general reader, superbly illustrated with over 500 colour paintings, photographs, artworks and maps. In the contemporary world the Islamic community is represented by around 1.4 billion people or twenty five percent of the global population. To understand the religion of Islam it is essential to comprehend the prophet Muhammad, his message, his life and the early medieval Arabian society into which he was born. This book comprehensively explores the life and work of Muhammad, the history of Islam, Islamic beliefs and doctrine, and religious practices and worship. Illustrated with more than 500 full-colour paintings, artworks, maps and photographs, and including a helpful glossary at the end, this book offers an introduction to and overview of a complex and often misunderstood religion. It is perfect for general readers new to Islam, and a handy resource for students and scholars alike.
- Author BiographyDr Mohammad Seddon is currently lecturer in Muslim Studies at the University of Chester. He has published a number of related works including, British Muslims: Loyalty and Belonging (2003) and, British Muslims Between Assimilation and Segregation: Historical, Legal & Social Realities (2004). Raana Bokhari has lectured on Islam and Muslim women in particular, and worked as a Research Associate in education and social exclusion. She is the author of several articles on Gujarati Muslim women in Leicester, England.
- Author(s)Charles Phillips,Mohammed Seddon,Raana Bokhari
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1701 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.