All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionCairo's Museum of Islamic Art houses one of the richest collections of artifacts from all periods of Islamic history and all parts of the Islamic world. Structured as a guide, but fully illustrated with superb color photographs, this book suggests a simple but comprehensive itinerary through one of Egypt's most fascinating museums. Taking readers through the various exhibits, this useful guidebook explains and illuminates the esthetic and historic importance of the museum's main works on display, including metalwork, textiles, woodwork, glass, carved stone and ivory, and the art of the book. Also included are sections on two other small but important Cairo museums: the Islamic Ceramics Museum and the Islamic Textiles Museum. Written by one of the leading authorities on Islamic art and architecture, and lavishly illustrated throughout with specially commissioned color photographs, this is the definitive guide to Egypt's great collections of Islamic art.
- Author BiographyBernard O'Kane is professor of Islamic art and architecture at the American University in Cairo. He is the editor of Treasures of Islamic Art (AUC Press, 2006) and Creswell Photographs Re-examined (AUC Press, 2009).
- Author(s)Bernard O'Kane,Iman Abdulfattah,Muhammad Abbas
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note365 colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPlastic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.