All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a natural history and identification guide to the most significant species, including swallowtails, hairstreaks, yellows, fritillaries, blues, skippers and tiger moths. It is an authoritative world reference to butterflies and moths in a variety of habitats, from rainforests and prairies to dunes and meadows. It is a superbly illustrated introduction gives a detailed insight to the lifecycle and habits of butterflies and moths, as well as an analysis of anatomy, wing structure and flight. It includes a world directory that profiles 600 individual species, with concise information and exquisite, detailed illustrations. It includes 1000 artworks and photographs, detailing characteristic features, wing patterns, genders, seasonal variations and caterpillars. Butterflies and moths captivate nature enthusiasts with their beauty and variety, but in addition to being attractive to watch they are also of huge biological importance. This superb book covers the lifecycle of these creatures, with information on anatomy, feeding, habitats and breeding. It then profiles some of the world's best-loved and intriguing butterflies, moths and skippers, with a geographically-split directory of 600 detailed entries, each containing useful identification summaries and quick-reference panels on distribution, habitat, food and wingspan. With 1000 photographs and exquisite artworks, and with meticulously researched and accessible text, this is the essential companion for butterfly and moth enthusiasts.
- Author BiographySally Morgan MA, KSc, MIBiol, C.Biol is a writer and photographer who studied biological sciences at the University of Cambridge. She has written more than 200 books covering a wide range of topics on natural history. Sally has journeyed all over the world photographing butterflies, and now owns an organic farm where she is carrying out wildlife enhancement projects.
- Author(s)Sally Morgan
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.