All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the Bible, The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a' Kempis is the favorite book of Catholics throughout the world and has been the spiritual guide of the saints since it first appeared in 1418. This new, revised edition features a gold-stamped, bonded leather case with zipper, gilded pages and classic Dore images from the Life of Christ, making it a beautiful and durable devotional companion. Now you will never be without the book that St. Therese of Lisieux loved and knew by heart. This book speaks to the soul of every true Christian, reminding him of the fleeting nature of earthly joy as opposed to the eternity of happiness with God. Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange asserted that the true mysticism of which it speaks is accessible to all, if they are willing to follow the way of humility, the cross, continual prayer, and docility to the Holy Ghost.
- Author BiographyThomas a Kempis was born at Kempen, Germany, circa 1380. After joining the monastery of Mount St. Agnes in 1406, he received Holy Orders seven years later, and thereafter busied himself with prolific writing and copying work. His books include the well-known Imitation of Christ, Life of Geert Groote, and Life of Liduina of Schiedam, the latter of which he epitomized. He also possessed an earnest love for the poor and Holy Scripture. Thomas a Kempis died on the twenty-fifth of July, 1471.
- Author(s)Thomas a Kempis
- PublisherCatholic Courses
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCatholic Courses
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width112 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.