The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise? by Chris Brogan, Julien Stanwell Smith (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.03+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone can write a blog post, but t everyone can get it liked thirty-five thousand times, and t everyone can get seventy-five thousand subscribers. But the reason we ve done these things isn t because we re special. It s because we tried and failed, the same way you learn to ride a bike. We tried again and again, and w we have an idea how to get from point A to point B faster because of it. Three short years ago, when Chris Brogan and Julien Smith wrote their bestseller, Trust Agents, being interesting and human on the Web was eugh to build a significant audience. But w, everybody has a platform. The problem is that most of them are just making ise.In The Impact Equation, Brogan and Smith show that to make people truly care about what you have to say, you need more than just a good idea, trust among your audience, or a certain number of followers. You need a potent mix of all of the above and more.Use the Impact Equation to figure out what you re doing right and wrong. Apply it to a blog, a tweet, a video, or a mainstream-media advertising campaign. Use it to explain why a feature in a national newspaper that reaches millions might have less impact than a blog post that reaches a thousand passionate subscribers.Consider the phemenally successful British singer Adele. For most musicians, onstage banter basically consists of yelling Hello, Cleveland! But Adele connects with her audience, pausing between songs to discuss a falling-out with her friends, or the drama of a break up. Each of these moments comes off as if she were talking directly with you, and you can easily relate. Adele has Impact.As the traditional channels for marketing, selling, and influencing disappear and more people interact mainly online, the very nature of attention is changing. The Impact Equation will give you the tools and metrics that guarantee your message will be heard.
- Author BiographyCHRIS BROGAN and JULIEN SMITH are consultants and speakers who have worked with Fortune 500 companies, including PepsiCo, General Motors, American Express, and Microsoft. They have been involved in online communities and blogging for more than fifteen years. Their first book, Trust Agents, was a New York Times bestseller.Visit chrisbrogan.com/impactVisit inoveryourhead.netFollow us on Twitter @chrisbrogan, @julien
- Author(s)Chris Brogan,Julien Stanwell Smith
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight476 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.