All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, administrators must assume a different mindset if public schools are to remain viable and functional. Changing populations resulting in heterogeneous communities, diversity of community values, and finite resources meeting the infinite desires of a demanding constituency have created the necessity for political acumen on the part of local educational leaders. The primary reason for the upheaval occurring in schools today is t that the instructional element is being neglected, but that the building-level administrators have a woeful lack of proficiency in managing the politics that impact schools. This book gives administrators a better grasp of educational politics at the campus level as the school interacts with the community in which it is embedded. Through theory, application, and personal reflection, The Impact of Politics in Local Education will show administrators how to 'read' the political climate of a community, how to make meaning from the information, and how to proactively manage political issues so that a stable school environment can be maintained.
- Author BiographyJane C. Owen, Ph.D. has devoted almost thirty years to the field of education at the public school and college levels. She currently teaches at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas.
- Author(s)Jane C. Owen
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication02/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.