The Imperfect Board Member: Discovering the Seven Disciplines of Governance Excellence by Jim Brown (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for The Imperfect Board Member Finally! A book about boards that isn't boring! --Patrick Lencioni, author, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team Everyone wins with good governance--countries, corporations, and community groups. In a compelling style like one before him, Jim Brown helps leaders understand the keys for boardroom excellence. The Imperfect Board Member ought to be required reading for people on every type of board. The great thing is that it won't need to be required--it's such a fun book, every leader will want to read it. --Jim Balsillie, chairman and co-CEO, Research in Motion; chair, Centre for International Governance Invation I kw board members, myself included, who won't learn valuable lessons from Jim Brown's book The Imperfect Board Member. Don't miss it! --Ken Blanchard, coauthor, The One-Minute Manager and The Secret Thanks to Sarbanes-Oxley, boards have become active. The Imperfect Board Member clarifies sharply the lines of what boards need to do and what management needs to do. The time has come for the two groups to work together and yet keep independent. --Ram Charan, coauthor, Execution, and author, Boards That Deliver The Imperfect Board Member by Jim Brown is a highly perceptive, eminently readable, engagingly human book on how boards and directors can improve their performance. In a breezy conversational style that uses dialogue invitingly and often, the author explores with sensitivity and a light touch t only the standard ingredients but also the more subtle nuances of excellence in both corporate and t-for-profit governance. --William A. Dimma, author, Tougher Boards for Tougher Times; chairman, Home Capital Group Inc.
- Author BiographyJim Brown is a founding partner of Strive!-a leadership development firm that specializes in governance. With offices near Toronto and Cleveland, Strive! provides coaching and consulting services to boards and leaders across North America and in various countries around the world. Brown's seasoned wisdom and inspirational support have made him a trusted coach for leaders, and a sought-after speaker. Contact him at www.strive.com.
- Author(s)Jim Brown
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleJ-B US Non-Franchise Leadership
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width145 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.