All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Imperfectionists is a vel about the peculiar people who write and read an international newspaper based in Rome: from the obituary reporter who will do anything to avoid work, to the dog-obsessed publisher who seems less interested in his struggling newspaper than in his magnificent basset hound, Schopenhauer. While the news of the day rushes past, the true front-page stories for all of them are the blunders and triumphs of their own lives. Rachman's debut vel is beautifully written, intelligent, and makes us care about people who are both flawed and immensely engaging - about their lives, their families, and about the larger family that is their newspaper. The Imperfectionists touches on the fall of newspapers, and the rise of techlogy but, above all, it is a wise and moving vel about unusual and endearing characters.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesLong-listed for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2011 and Scotiabank Giller Prize 2010.
- Author(s)Tom Rachman
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight220 g
- Width128 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.