All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHello meat lovers, hello vegetarians. We need to talk about the future of meat. With the world's population expected to reach nine billion people by 2050, it becomes impossible to produce and consume meat like we do today. In vitro meat, grown from cells in a laboratory, could provide a sustainable and animal-friendly alternative. Yet, before we can decide if we are willing to eat in vitro, we must explore the new food culture it will bring us. This cookbook presents 45 recipes that explore and visualize what in vitro meat products might be on our plate one day. As in vitro meat is still being developed you cant cook our recipes just yet, however, they will provide abundant food for thought and discussion.
- Author BiographyKoert van Mensvoort: is the head of the Next Nature Lab at the Industrial Design Department of the Eindhoven University of Technology, a position he has held since 2003. He received a Master of Science degree in computer science, specializing in computer graphics from the Eindhoven University of Technology and a doctorate from the Eindhoven University of Technology in 2009 for his thesis What You See Is What You Feel. Van Mensvoort is the founder and director of the Next Nature Foundation, a design-and-think tank based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Hendrik-Jan Grievink: is a graphic designer, editor and researcher, living and working in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He holds a master s degree in design from the Sandberg Institute, the postgraduate course in design from the Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam. He teaches design research at the graphic design department of ArtEZ institute of the Arts in Arnhem, The Netherlands and has travelled extensively through China. Hendrik-Jan s design practice in the broadest sense is concerned with the impact of visual culture on our daily lives. Widely recognized is Fake For Real, a memory game about the tension between reality and simulation (BIS publishers, 2007) and Brand Memory, a memory game about logo s (BIS publishers, 2011). Hendrik-Jan is editor of NextNature.net and has been responsible for the art direction of most Next Nature related projects, like the NANO Supermarket. Together with Koert van Mensvoort, he edited and designed the book Next Nature: Nature Changes Along With Us (Actar, 2011).
- Author(s)Hendrik-Jan Grievink,Koert Van Mensvoort
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication25/08/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Out-of-print date01/09/2016
- Content Note50 colour photos, 80 colour illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width165 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.