All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe Incarnate Word contains the first four of five parts in Bernard Lonergan's De Verbo Incarnato, a Latin textbook for the course he taught at the Gregorian University in Rome. Fully translated and antated, it brings to a wider audience Lonergan's major contribution to Christology, the doctrine concerning the person of Christ. In this work, Lonergan applies his unique theory of consciousness to the question of the nature of Christ, the book offers a rich and provocative treatment of Christ's consciousness and his human kwledge. The Incarnate Word presents the original Latin and the first-ever English translation of the text on facing pages. The volume includes t only the final text of De Verbo Incarnato but also material which Lonergan had rewritten or eliminated from the 1964 Gregorian University edition.
- Author BiographyBernard Lonergan (1904-1984), a professor of theology, taught at Regis College, Harvard University, and Boston College. An established author known for his Insight and Method in Theology, Lonergan received numerous honorary doctorates, was a Companion of the Order of Canada in 1971 and was named as an original member of the International Theological Commission by Pope Paul VI. Robert M. Doran is the Emmett Doerr Chair in Systematic Theology and a professor in the Department of Theology at Marquette University. He is the general editor of the Collected Works of Bernard Lonergan. Jeremy D. Wilkins is an associate professor of Systematic Theology and director of the Lonergan Research Institute at Regis College, University of Toronto. Charles C. Hefling, Jr. is a retired associate professor in the Department of Theology at Boston College.
- Author(s)Bernard Lonergan
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCollected Works of Bernard Lonergan
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight1520 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine63 mm
- Edited byJeremy D. Wilkins,Robert M. Doran
- Translated byCharles C. Hefling
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.