All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe often remember the 1960s as a time of peace and love, but it was also a time of assassinations, riots, and an unpopular war. Furthermore, more than three million people took to the streets in violent antiwar and civil rights demonstrations during this decade. In The Incredible '60s, rewned historian Jules Archer brings the glories and tragedies of the sixties to a new generation, with a comprehensive history of sixties counterculture, the Vietnam War and the resistance movement, civil rights, feminism, science, rock 'n' roll, and more. Covering everything from the Kennedy Era and the Freedom Riders to nuclear weapons and the Cold War, Archer aims to make sure important history is t forgotten, and this is a story for young people--a story about seeing what needs to be changed in the world and making that change happen. Jules Archer traveled to distant parts of the globe in search of information, sometimes going back to original sources. For this book he had dinner with Elvis Presley, had tea with two Australian prime ministers, climbed a volca via camel, and swum the Seine in Paris at midnight. His adventurous spirit and enthusiasm will be contagious to young readers who may just leave their own indelible mark on a future decade. Sky Pony Press is pleased to add this important and thought-provoking piece of historical literature to its new Jules Archer History for Young Readers series.
- Author BiographyJules Archer was one of the most respected names in nonfiction for young people. During his lifetime he published over seventy books, which have been translated into twelve languages throughout the world. He lived in Scotts Valley, California until his death in 2008. Todd Gitlin was a political activist in the New Left of the 1960s and contributed to the so-called underground press. His latest book is Occupy Nation: The Roots, the Spirit, and the Promise of Occupy Wall Street. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jules Archer
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleJules Archer History for Young Readers
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note38 B&W photos
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byTodd Gitlin
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.