All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn unkwn painter becomes an overnight sensation when his paintings imitate life too well by quacking, crawling, and erupting all over Paris. The Incredible Painting of Felix Clousseau is a 1988 New York Times Book Review Notable Children's Book of the Year.
- Author BiographyJon Agee, the author-illustrator-playwright-librettist-palindromist, grew up along the Hudson River in Nyack, New York. As a kid, he created picture books, detective comics, and flip books made out of train ticket stubs. In high school, he spent an inordinate amount of time in the art room. In college, at the Cooper Union in New York City, he studied painting, dabbled in animation, and made an art film. Soon after graduating, in 1981, he began getting his first books published. The Incredible Painting of Felix Clousseau is probably his best known book. His other books, featuring canine professors, forgotten astronauts, and guffawing grumps, are at times quirky, nonsensical, satiric, and always humorous. Their sophisticated wit appeals to kids and adults alike.Somewhere along the line, Jon became obsessed with creating words and phrases that read the same backwards and forwards. The result was his first book of palindromes, Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog! Its companion volume, So Many Dynamos!, temporarily relieved Jon of his peculiar compulsion.Jon has also written the book and lyrics to two musicals, B.O.T.C.H. and Flies in the Soup, which were performed at the TADA! theater in New York. He would happily continue to pursue this enterprise if he didn't need to eat.In his spare time, Jon does a lot of doodling; or he might write a tongue twister, or an anagram, or a poem. Sometimes he draws a cartoon that gets published in The New Yorker magazine, which pleases him very much.
- Author(s)Jon Agee
- PublisherSquare Fish
- Date of Publication01/12/1990
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare Fish
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width204 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon Agee
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.82Trending at AU $43.94
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.