All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone kws the story of Elizabeth and Jane Bennet in Pride and Prejudice. But what about their sister, Mary? Master storyteller Colleen McCullough paints a life for Mary Bennet 20 years after Jane Austen's vel closes. So far on in time, each of Mary's sisters is settled in her own way. Then events transpire that free Mary from her family obligations and dangle the allurements of independence before her hungry gaze. Fired with zeal by the newspaper letters of the mystery man Argus, she resolves to publish a book about the plight of England's poor. Plunging from one predicament into ather, Mary embarks upon a mission of investigation that eventually leads her into mortal danger and reveals the surprising identity of Argus. The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet is both a page-turning look at the ongoing lives of the Bennet sisters, and a sparkling romance that shows it is never too late to find love.
- Author BiographyColleen McCullough's novels include Tim, The Thorn Birds and the acclaimed Masters of Rome series.
- Author(s)Colleen McCullough
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight436 g
- Width128 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.