All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe evidence-based approach to a more worthwhile portfolio The Index Revolution argues that active investing is a loser's game, and that a passive approach is more profitable in today's market. By adjusting your portfolio asset weights to match a performance index, you consistently earn higher rates of returns and come out on top in the long run. This book explains why, and describes how individual investors can take advantage of indexing to make their portfolio stronger and more profitable. By indexing investment operations at a very low cost, and trusting that active professionals have set securities prices as correctly as possible, you will achieve better long-term results than those who look down on passive approaches while following outdated advice that longer works. Beating the market is much harder than it used to be, and investors who continue to approach the market with that mindset populate the rolls of market losers time and time again. This book explains why indexing is the preferred approach in the current investment climate, and destroys the popular perception of passive investing as a weak market strategy. * Structure your portfolio to perform better over the long term * Trust in the pricing and earn higher rates of return * Learn why a passive approach is more consistent and worthwhile * Igre overblown, outdated advice that is doomed to disappoint All great investors share a common secret to success: rational decision-making based on objective information. The Index Revolution shows you a more rational approach to the market for a more profitable portfolio.
- Author BiographyCHARLES D. ELLIS is one of the most widely respected experts in the world of investing. He is a consultant to some of the world's largest pension, endowment, and sovereign wealth funds. For three decades, he was managing partner of Greenwich Associates, the leading strategy consulting firm in institutional financial services world-wide. He has written 16 books and well over 100 articles, mostly on investing, is a popular speaker on key issues, and taught advanced courses on investment management at Harvard Business School and at the Yale School of Management and the investment profession's in-service workshop at Princeton. He served as a Successor Trustee at Yale University and on the Yale investment committee for 16 years. He has served on the governing boards of the Stern School of Business, Phillips Exeter Academy, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and chairs the board of the Whitehead Institute. He has served on 14 investment committees. One of 12 people honored by the profession for lifetime contributions, he was chair of the CFA Institute.
- Author(s)Charles D. Ellis
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width128 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byBurton G. Malkiel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.