All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking the period following the advent of liberalization, this book explains the transition of the Indian ecomy against the backdrop of development. If the objective is to explore the new ecomic map of India, then the distinct contributions in the book could be seen as twofold. The first is the analytical frame whereby the authors deploy a unique Marxist approach consisting of the initial concepts of class process and the developing countries to address India's ecomic transition. The second contribution is substantive whereby the authors describe India's ecomic transition as epochal, materializing out of the new emergent triad of neo-liberal globalization, global capitalism and inclusive development. This is how the book theorizes the structural transformation of the Indian ecomy in the twenty-first century. Through this framework, it interrogates and critiques the given debates, ideas and policies about the ecomic development of a developing nation.
- Author BiographyAnjan Chakrabarti holds a PhD in Economics from the University of California, Riverside, and is currently Professor of Economics at the University of Calcutta. His interests include Marxian theory, political philosophy, development economics and Indian economics. He is the author or co-author of seven books and fifty journal articles. His books include Transition and Development in India (co-authored with Stephen Cullenberg), Dislocation and Resettlement in Development: From Third World to World of the Third (co-authored with Anup Dhar) and World of the Third and Global Capitalism (co-authored with Anup Dhar and Stephen Cullenberg). He has published in journals including the Cambridge Journal of Economics, Collegium Anthropologicum, Critical Sociology, Rethinking Marxism, Psychotherapy and Politics International, and Economic and Political Weekly. In 2008, he received the V. K. R. V. Rao Prize in Social Science Research in Economics, awarded by the Indian Council of Social Science Research, the Government of India and the Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore. Anup K. Dhar teaches at the School of Human Studies, Ambedkar University, Delhi. Byasdeb Dasgupta teaches at the Department of Economics, University of Kalyani, West Bengal.
- Author(s)Anjan Chakrabarti,Anup Kumar Dhar,Byasdeb Dasgupta
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight690 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.