All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume discusses the relationships between the philosophy of Mysticism, which traces its lineage back into prehistory, with that of the world of more traditional philosophy and literature. The author argues for the centrality of mysticism's role in the philosophical and artistic development of western culture. The connections between these worlds are underscored as the author examines the works of Heraclitus, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Iris Murdoch, Yeats, AE (George Russell), T.S. Eliot, Joyce, Woolf, Auden, Huxley, Lessing, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and Tony Kushner, among others.
- Author BiographyDavid Garrett Izzo is the author of Christopher Isherwood Encyclopedia (2005), W.H. Auden Encyclopedia (2004), The Writings of Richard Stern (2002), and co-editor of Henry James Against the Aesthetic Movement (2006) and a collection of essays on Stephen Vincent Benet. He is Director of the English Program and a professor of English at American Public University. David is the literary advisor to an heir of the estate of Aldous Huxley and lives near Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Author(s)David Garrett Izzo
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.