The Influence of Solomon Lefschetz in Geometry and Topology: 50 Years of Mathematics at Cinvestav by American Mathematical Society (Paperback, 2014)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe influence of Solomon Lefschetz (1884-1972) in geometry and topology 40 years after his death has been very profound. Lefschetz's influence in Mexican mathematics has been even greater. In this volume, celebrating 50 years of mathematics at Cinvestav-Mexico, many of the fields of geometry and topology are represented by some of the leaders of their respective fields. This volume opens with Michael Atiyah reminiscing about his encounters with Lefschetz and Mexico. Topics covered in this volume include symplectic flexibility, Chern-Simons theory and the theory of classical theta functions, toric topology, the Beilinson conjecture for finite-dimensional associative algebras, partial moids and Dold-Thom functors, the weak b-principle, orbit configuration spaces, equivariant extensions of differential forms for ncompact Lie groups, dynamical systems and categories, and the Nahm pole boundary condition.
- Author BiographyLudmil Katzarkov , University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL,USA and Universitat Wien, Austria. Ernesto Lupercio , Cinvestav-Mexico, Mexico. Francisco J. Turrubiates , Instituto Politecnico Nacional Mexico, Mexico.
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- Series TitleContemporary Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number621
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byErnesto Lupercio,Francisco J. Turrubiates,Ludmil Katzarkov
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.